In many ways, the career of Brian Owen has gone along mostly traditional grounds. He holds an M.M. in jazz studies from California State University, Long Beach.
He's performed with big bands, including the Tim Davies Big Band, Elliot Deutsch Big Band, and many others. In addition to that, he's worked with just about every latin band in Los Angeles, traveling
all throughout California. Also, Brian has played in pit orchestras all across Southern California, including work for Music Theatre West and many others. You can also see him making
TV appearances on "The Voice" and "American Idol." He also teaches trumpet lessons in the San Gabriel Valley.
In other ways, Brian is not afraid to take on unusual and diverse challenges.
- He is an occasional creator of plug-ins for the Sibelius Notation application, as well as currently developing an iPad app for music teachers.
- He's worked as a copyist on several large scale film projects.
- His small group jazz album, Unmei, can be found on OA2 records.
- You can also visit him on Soundcloud.com - where he's creating a catalog of trumpet ensemble renditions of every #1 Billboard pop hit.
- Brian also teaches CrossFit classes several mornings each week at CrossFit Pasadena. His current Clean and Jerk PR is 102kg.
- He also coded everything on this website using TextWrangler without using templates.
So if you need a trumpet player that can handle just about anything, a plug in that speeds up your notation, help with your shoulder mobility,
figuring out why your CSS files don't load, or solving just about any mystery of life, please email or call me by visiting the contact page.